Dell is a computer company that has been supplying computers since 1984 for both business and personal use. Dell company is owned by Dell Technologies. This post will discuss in detail about Dell motherboards, difference between Inspiron, Vostro & OptiPlex, how to screenshot on dell, Bios Key.
Difference between Inspiron, Vostro & OptiPlex Dell Desktops and Laptops
The three variants of Dell personal computers, configured for different categories of consumers are:
Fig. 1 – Introduction to Dell
- Inspiron Desktops and Laptops
- Vostro Desktops and Laptops
- OptiPlex Desktops and Laptops
Inspiron Desktops and Laptops
It is Dell’s variant of the computer that includes personal desktops and laptops aimed at students and basic users. Also, The Inspiron Dell desktops run Microsoft’s Windows 7operating system. In terms of memory capacity, the Inspiron offers 500 GB, 750 GB, and 1000 GB of storage.
New models of Inspiron Laptops comes with Windows 11 Home, 11th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-11320H Processor, 512 GB SSD.
Vostro Desktops and Laptops
This is Dell’s variant designed for small businesses. Also, the Vostro Desktop runs the professional variant of Windows 7. The Vostro offers 250 GB, 320 GB, and 500 GB.
Some of the Vostro Laptops have 11th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-11320H Processor, Windows 11 Home/Pro, 256GB SSD, and 39.6 inch display.
OptiPlex Desktops and All-in-One PC
It is designed keeping in mind the large business and education market. Further, OptiPlex desktop runs on Windows 7 Prooperating systems. It offers five choices. They are 160 GB, 250 GB, 320 GB, 500 GB and 1000 GB.
New models of OptiPlex All-in-One PC’s and Desktop Towers comes with 11th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-11500T, Acceleration Use Only Intel® Core™ i5-11500 respectively. Also, Tower PC’s have 3.5 inch 1TB 7200rpm SATA Hard Disk Drive and All-in-One’s with 2.5 inch 1TB 7200rpm SATA Hard Disk Drive.
Fig. 2 – Vostro Desktop
Dell Financial Services
Dell Financial Services is a division of Dell Technologies that provides creative payment and usage solutions. It offers a wide range of finances that include Dell Preferred Account, DFS Business Leases, and DFS Business Credit. The DellPreferred Account is a consumer credit line issued to consumers for the purchase of various its products.
The DFS Business leases are issued to companies to help them lease IT maintenance, upgrades, support during the lease period and to renew outdated technology to the new technology at affordable rates. Additionally, the DFS Business Credit is the revolving credit line issued to companies that give them more power to meet technology needs.
Dell Preferred Account
Dell Preferred Account is similar to retail credit cards. It is revolving credit line issued to consumers by WebBank that helps in financing your Dell’s purchases from initial purchase to add on such as peripherals, software, or another system up to the limit of your credit available on your account. It can be used to shop online at Dell.com or for refurbished products at DFSDirectSales.com or DellOutlet.com.
Fig. 3 – Dell Preferred Account
How to Screenshot on Dell Desktop and Laptop
如何在戴尔截图吗?它一样容易pressing a key on the keyboard. To take a screenshot on a Dell Desktop or Laptop, you need to find the print screen key. It has various names for the print screen key on the keyboard. You can look for PrintScreen, PrntScrn, PrntScr, PrtScn, PrtScr, PrtSc, or anything similar. It is usually found on the F10 key.
If you do not find any key similar to this, you can use the Alt+Insert combination keys. Now, to take the screenshot you need to open the screen you wish to screenshot. While you are accessing the screen, click on the print screen key, and the entire screen is caught as a screenshot. To view the screenshot image, open the Paint app and paste it using Ctrl+V. Now save the image on the Paint app.
Another option for How to screenshot on Dell is to do it manually. Yfou can take a screenshot and save it directly as PNG without pasting it to the image editor app. For this, you need to access the screen you want to capture. On the keyboard, press Windows+Print screen keys together. This will save the screenshot as a PNG file. The PNG file is located at the address – C:\Users\USERNAME\Pictures\Screenshots.
Fig. 4 – Print Screen Key on Keyboard
How to Identify Dell Motherboards
The Dell system operates only with Dell parts. Therefore, it is important to identify a Dell Motherboard if you need a replacement. Follow these steps to identify a Dell motherboard.
- Motherboards usually will have the model number and name of the manufacturer printed on the motherboard, on the socket, or the CPU slot.
- Using FCC number to identify the motherboard. All parts of the computer come with code. FCC code is a combination of company code, dash, and code of the equipment. This number can appear anywhere on the motherboard.
- Once you find the FCC number, go to the FCC ID search page and key in the FCC number. The search will result in the manufacturer from the company code. Once you know the manufacturer, you can visit their website for the Motherboard information.
- Using BIOS number: If you cannot find the FCC number, you can look for a BIOS number. As you restart the computer, it starts to boot up when the BIOS number is displayed, pause, and note down the BIOS number. You can look up for motherboard manufacturers using the BIOS number search engine.
Dell Service Tag Lookup
The Service Tag assists you to find drivers and online services for the computers and also helps to reset passwords. Service Tag is a unique number given by the Dell company to all its products. To lookup for a Dell Service Tag, go to the Windows search bar and type cmd. Select command prompt from the results and type “wmic bios get a serial number” in the Command Prompt bar and press enter. A serial number appears on the window, which is the Service Tag.
Fig. 5 – Service Tag
How to Program the Buttons on my Dell Keyboard
Programming the buttons or hotkeys helps in performing tasks faster and easier. Follow the steps below to program buttons:
- Go to the windows button on your Computer and click on Programs or All Programs. This displays all the applications on the system. Choose “Dell Touch Programmable Keys” and double click on it.
- Choose the key you wish to program in the “Configure Button” screen. Once the key is chosen, it automatically displays the second page.
- Click on the “Functions” menu. It has a drop-down menu that becomes active, and you can select a function from the list you wish to program such as open “My Computers” folder, etc.
- Choose the “Launch Application or website” option if you want to launch an application by pressing the key or opening a specific webpage. You can either type the URL of the webpage you want the button to open or click on “Browse” to fetch the file you want the key to launching.
- Click “Ok” and the buttons are programmed and ready to use.
How to Update Dell Bios Key on Dell Laptop without Charged Battery
There are instances where you need to update Dell BIOS key on your laptop without a chargedbattery. This usually helps to check whether the charger is to be replaced or the battery. To update Dell BIOS key on Dell Laptop following steps need to be followed.
- Download the latest DellBIOSKey (upgrade file) and save it on your laptop or desktop, so that it is easier to access.
- Then, click on the “Start” button and in the run prompt, type “cmd” and right-click on the command prompt and select “Run as administrator.”
- In the command prompt after “C:\Users” UserName”> type cd desktop and press enter. This will take you to the desktop.
- Therafter,在命令提示符“C \用户”用户Names”\desktop> type the name of the BIOS file followed by “/forceit”. The command will look like this C:\Users”UserName”\desktop>D430_A10.EXE /forceit.
- Press the “Enter” key and the Dell BIOS key will be updated.
Also Read:Toll-Free Number - Types, Vanity Number, How to Dial Toll-Free NumberHow Does PayPal Work-What is It, How to Setup, Types of PayPal AccountElement TV - TV Series, How to Troubleshoot Roku TV